ANDERSON CO., SC (WSPA) – Applications are open for the Anderson County COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Program.
On Wednesday, October 20, from 9:30 am to 4 pm, officials will be at the S. Main Street Municipal Business Center to assist individuals with the process. For those who wish to make an appointment, call (864) 231-2223 before 3 p.m. Tuesday, October 19.
According to Anderson Co. officials, there will be on-site technical assistance for people with special needs or those in need of translation services. If you need assistance, please request it when booking your appointment.
Anderson Co. officials said the conditions for assistance under the program are as follows:
- Must be the owner and occupant of the property located within the city limits of Anderson
- Household income must be less than 80% of the region’s median income and meet other criteria to be eligible for assistance. Please see website for income table by clicking here.
- The program will provide up to six months of past due mortgage payments to not exceed $ 5,000 in total assistance
- Payments will be made directly to the mortgage company. assistance is expected to be provided to around 40 qualified households
- Provide the aoorioriates documentation as indicated below
Candidates present must provide at the time of the meeting:
- An SC resident photo ID or driver’s license
- A mortgage statement
- Proof of mortgage default
- A W-9 form from their lender
- Proof of income in the form of one of the following:
- Pay stub
- Social security certificate or proof of last payment
- Pension statement
- Unemployment check stub or proof of unemployment deposit
- Workers compensation check stub
- Veterans Benefit Return
- TANF statements
- Proof of child support
- Child support
- Proof of reduction of income for 2019 and 2020 taxes or form W2 1099
- Increase in expenses due to COVID-19 (receipts, invoices, etc.)