MECKLENBURG COUNTY, NC – Mecklenburg County announced that it has opened applications for its Mortgage Assistance Payment Program.
The Mortgage Payment Assistance Program provides financial assistance to low-to-middle income residents in six cities and unincorporated areas that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Eligible homeowners can receive up to six months of consecutive payments to use towards their mortgage payments, including principal, interest, taxes and insurance.
The program is available through CARES Act funding provided through the Community Development Grant.
To be eligible, owners must:
- Reside in cities and/or unincorporated areas of the county
- Have a household income of up to 80% of the Regional Median Income (AMI) at the time of application
- Homeowners must have been up-to-date on the mortgage prior to the difficulties of COVID-19
- Owners must have COVID-19 related income loss or other eligibility criteria
Landlords must also prove loss of income or increased childcare costs due to COVID-19, including:
- Reduction of working hours
- Job loss or leave
- COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
Applications will be accepted until funds are fully utilized.
To apply for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program or to view eligibility criteria, visit RampCharMeck.com or call the Mortgage Payment Assistance Hotline at 704-343-4692.