TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity announced that Florida leads the nation in providing assistance to vulnerable homeowners through the Florida Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) program, surpassing the state of California. and other states. To date, Florida has awarded more than $83 million in total relief, including more than $23 million this week alone, to Florida homeowners in need. According to publicly available data, the state of California distributed $68.4 million to landlords.
“Under the strong leadership of Governor DeSantis, Florida quickly overtook other states in its distribution of aid through the HAF program,” said DEO Secretary Dane Eagle. “Even though the federal government delayed approval of Florida’s program by up to two months compared to states like California, Texas and New York, our team has worked tirelessly to be a role model for the nation. While we know there is more work to do, WD is proud of its efforts to expedite critical assistance to Florida homeowners in need.”
HAF is designed to alleviate financial hardship by preventing defaults, defaults, foreclosures and homeowner moves, as well as providing assistance with home energy services, internet, property insurance and/or against flooding, property taxes and homeowners or condo association fees. . Eligible Florida homeowners can receive up to $50,000 in assistance.
Today, the Department also launched the Florida Homeowners Assistance Fund Dashboardwhich will provide weekly program statistics.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Florida homeowners who have been impacted by the pandemic and who believe they may qualify for assistance under the HAF program are encouraged to register to participate in the program. Prospective candidates can complete the registration process by visiting www.FLHomeownerAssistance.org.
- Registration helps the DEO determine the eligibility and prioritization of potential candidates for the program.
- Once enrollees are determined eligible, they receive an invitation to apply for assistance and are encouraged to apply for all types of assistance available through the HAF program, including mortgage assistance and utilities.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTERS LOCATIONS
Owners can visit one of seven customer support centers in person for assistance. At a Customer Support Center, owners can:
- Complete an application for the Florida HAF program.
- Once the homeowner has been invited to apply, receive assistance in completing an assistance request through the Florida HAF program.
- Get help downloading the documentation needed to complete an application.
- Receive an update on the status of a support request submitted through the Florida HAF program.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity combines the state’s economic, workforce, and community development efforts, accelerating economic development projects to fuel job creation in competitive communities and promote economic resilience. For more information, including valuable resources for employers and job seekers, please visit www.FloridaJobs.org.
You just read:
EIN Presswire’s priority is source transparency. We don’t allow opaque clients and our editors try to be careful not to weed out false and misleading content. As a user, if you see something we missed, please bring it to our attention. Your help is welcome. EIN Presswire, Everyone’s Internet News Presswire™, attempts to define some of the boundaries that are reasonable in today’s world. Please see our editorial guidelines for more information.