CONCORD, NC (WBTV) – Homeowners in the city of Concord who have experienced hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments are encouraged to apply for assistance through the emergency mortgage assistance payment. Eligible homeowners can receive up to $5,000 towards their mortgage payments, including principal, interest, taxes and insurance. Owners are encouraged to apply early as funding is limited.
The city of Concord received funding under the federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act. The Emergency Mortgage Assistance Payment Program is available through this federal funding. The program provides financial assistance to low-to-moderate income residents living in the City of Concord who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
To be eligible, owners must:
- Live in the house as your primary residence.
- Reside in a house located in the city of Concord.
- Have a household income equal to or less than 80% of the regional median income (AMI) at the time of application.
- Have made regular mortgage payments before the difficulties related to COVID-19.
- Have a loss of income related to COVID-19 or other eligibility criteria, such as:
o Reduced working hours
o Job loss or leave
o COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
To apply for the Emergency Mortgage Payment Assistance Program, eligible Concord homeowners should email [email protected] for a request or call Prosperity Unlimited at (704) 933-7405. Applications will be accepted until program funding is exhausted.
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.