The City of Kissimmee will reopen the rental and mortgage assistance application process on Nov. 30 at 8 a.m. to help eligible households who have been impacted by COVID-19 and are now unemployed or underemployed. employees.
Meanwhile, the Security Deposit and First Month’s Rent Assistance Program remains open until December 18. Candidates interested in this program can apply to kissimmeeresponds.com/residentassistance.
Rental and Mortgage Assistance Fund grant funds can be used to pay:
- Rent or mortgage must include amounts past due since March 1, 2020 and future payments must not extend beyond December 30.
- Overdue utility bills.
To be eligible to participate in the program, you must:
- Be unemployed or underemployed due to loss of income due to COVID-19; and,
- The residence must be physically located in the city of Kissimmee; and,
- Applicants cannot apply for assistance for a month for which they have already received assistance from the City of Kissimmee or Osceola County. Duplication of services or support is not permitted for the same period.
- The household income must be equal to or less than 80% of the median income of the region, as indicated in the table below according to the number of people in the household:
Applications will be available electronically from November 30 at 8 a.m. until December 18 at 5 p.m. or until all program funds are expended (whichever comes first). A link will be activated on the city’s web page, www.kissimmeeresponds.com/residentassistance, on the morning of November 30 for you to complete your application. A list of required documents is available on the website if you want to get a head start in collecting the documents needed to apply.
Applications will be processed based on the completeness and readiness of the application. For questions about the program or the application process, please contact Frances De Jesus, Housing and Community Development Program Coordinator at [email protected]
For more information on the city of Kissimmee, visit www.kissimmee.org.